It's always good to provide yourself with some live inspiration when you're learning something new. I highly suggest cello students of all levels make it a priority to see professionals at their best. If you're not in the Seattle/Tacoma area, check out the local performing arts calendars. Don't forget local universities - students give recitals all the time and those are usually FREE!
Here are some concerts I'm looking forward to from the 2012 Spring Concert Season in the Seattle/Tacoma area...
- Portland Cello Project at the Triple Door (Seattle) - April 27th - Doors 6:30pm/Show 8pm - Tickets $17 adv
- Edgar Meyer at the Pantages Theatre (Tacoma) - April 27th - Show 7:30pm - Tickets $22-$59
- Lauren Vander Lind Junior Cello Recital at the University of Washington (Seattle) - May 1st - Brechemin Auditorium - 7pm - FREE
- Zoe Keating at the Neptune Theatre (Seattle) - May 3rd - Doors 7pm/Show 8pm - Tickets $20
- Sonia Myklebust Master's Cello Recital at the University of Washington (Seattle) - May 9th - Brechemin Auditorium - 7pm - FREE
- Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 3 at Benaroya Hall performed by Stephen Hough on piano (Seattle) - June 14th-17th - Tickets $34-$97